Dienstag, März 07, 2006

California Dreamin' ....

..... was what I did together with my sister today. You have to know that both of us went to live in California after finishing school and before starting university. I lived in Milpitas, CA from summer '96 until summer '97 together with a family that had two boys. I was their AuPair (like a nanny) and took care of these kids. My sister Julia lived from '99 until 2000 in San Francisco and took care of 3 boys and a baby.
I guess that is why we sometimes feel really connected to that country and feel maybe kind of "homesick". When I read in lots of blogs or message boards about cool stuff and finds at Target, a good coffee from Starbucks, Michael's, ..... I feel the need to enter a plane and just cross that ocean!!!

But maybe it is just like in that saying:

THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE


Going to bed and maybe dreaming of Target, Costco, Starbucks, In&Out, Borders, .........

Keine Kommentare: